Field Services Testing
- Vibration Analysis
- Megohmmeter Test - All motor windings are given a megohmmeter test to ground before disassembly, and upon completion of repairs. The minimum acceptable value of insulation resistance in megohms upon completion of rewinding is 100 megohms.
- Polarization Index Test - All motor windings rated at 2300 volts and above are given a 1 minute vs. 10 minute polarization index test after completion of repairs.
- Surge Comparison Test - Windings are tested by surge comparison.
- DC High Potential Test - Is performed on all motors according to NEMA MG-1-2 0.47 and Safety and test procedures are carried out in accordance with NEMA MG-1-3.01.
- DC Winding Resistance Test - When specified by the customer or otherwise required, this test is given on all like coils, i.e., individual stator, phase grouped stator - A to B, A to C, and B to C. The DC resistance difference between like coils should not vary more than + or - 0.5%.